Role: Product / UX Designer
Location: New York City, NY
Reports to: Senior Product Design Lead
Employment status: Full-time salaried, exempt
Salary Range: $75,000-$85,0000
Job Level: Entry
At Essense, we thrive at the intersection of nerdy and creative. That’s what sets us apart and helps our clients be market leaders in the rapidly evolving energy sector.
As a Product / UX Designer at Essense Partners, you do more than bring graphics to life. You will use your strong creative background and problem-solving skills to deliver strategic marketing and technology solutions that help lead market transformation for some of the most iconic utilities and energy services providers in the US and beyond.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a blend of nerdy and creativity skillsets, applying these unique traits to design and design and enhance product UX for Essense clients.
- Deliver high-caliber user experiences spanning user research, usability testing, wireframe development, hi-fi prototyping, and driving the expansion of our design system
- Creates and develops design concepts and specifications that optimize the emotional and functional experience of a product
- Creates wireframes, journey maps, user cases, task flows, and personas in support of interaction designs
- Focuses on end-to-end user experiences, empathizing and balancing experiences with business and technical tradeoffs
- Produces visual designs from concept through delivery and sustainment and supports interaction designs for software-based experiences
- Contributes to broader design system, increasing its adoption and consistent usage
- Partners with internal and external development teams, marketing, and design groups to research and analyze customer feedback for incorporation into product enhancements, new product designs, and overall design language and strategy
- Produces and validates product design specifications and production requirements
- Presents to teams and/or customers to receive feedback and understand user needs,and uses digital and physical tools to demonstrate design to stakeholders and then gauge customer perceptions
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the current state of web technology and best practices, provides user-centered interaction and visual design to improve the usability, ease of use, and enhance appeal, and maximize functionality provided through the interaction between the customer and a product or service, addressing all aspects of a product or service as perceived by users.
- Strong technical skills and familiarity with systems and coding languages
- Highly skilled in Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe XD, Axure, Principle, or related software and tools
- Ability to partner with other creative team members and key stakeholders to design products used across a variety of platforms (web, mobile, video, and more)
- Be a great communicator, receive and interpret feedback, and meet tight deadlines
- Respond to user feedback, data/analytics, and client feedback to improve the UX in future iterations
- Self-directed, highly-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work on virtual teams
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Human Computer Interaction, or related field
- 1+ years of experience as a UX designer is preferred, but not required
- Authorized to work in the U.S.